Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Morning Prayer 4/28/09



Psalm 28

1 O LORD, I call to you;
my Rock, do not be deaf to my cry; *
lest, if you do not hear me,
I become like those who go down to the Pit.

2 Hear the voice of my prayer when I cry out to you, *
when I lift up my hands to your holy of holies.

3 Do not snatch me away with the wicked or with the evildoers, *
who speak peaceably with their neighbors,
while strife is in their hearts.

4 Repay them according to their deeds, *
and according to the wickedness of their actions.

5 According to the work of their hands repay them, *
and give them their just deserts.

6 They have no understanding of the LORD'S doings,
nor of the works of his hands; *
therefore he will break them down and not build them up.

7 Blessed is the LORD! *
for he has heard the voice of my prayer.

8 The LORD is my strength and my shield; *
my heart trusts in him, and I have been helped;

9 Therefore my heart dances for joy, *
and in my song will I praise him.

10 The LORD is the strength of his people, *
a safe refuge for his anointed.

11 Save your people and bless your inheritance; *
shepherd them and carry them for ever.

No comments: